• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM When Chicago MSFM candidates expect to learn application result?

Has anyone gotten any feedback from anyone at U of C as to when we might learn out application result? It appears to have been in the first week of March last year (2010). Also, how are you notified?

Thanks in advance.

I'm still waiting on the results as well. It's been complete radio silence so far.

Last year one of my friends received admissions from early Feb to late Feb....I was curious why I haven't heard of anything from it yet....

Well, in any event, I'm sure we're all waiting on pins and needles. Good luck to all. Be sure to update Tracker as soon as you hear anything.

I just called the msfm program, and I was told that the result would come out in the middle to the end of March.

Just got an email a couple of minutes ago. You should check yours.

I got an e-mail as well. JHU also gave me an offer today. I actually resisted the urge to ask the Chicago program admins in person regarding decisions today.

Thanks for the well wishes, Andy. My programming is pretty lousy (nothing since an introductory course in 2002). Any suggestions on books or courses that might help me get up to speed before enrolling? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the well wishes, Andy. My programming is pretty lousy (nothing since an introductory course in 2002). Any suggestions on books or courses that might help me get up to speed before enrolling? Thanks in advance.
This will probably help http://www.quantnet.com/master-reading-list-for-quants/ . Does this mean that U Chicago doesn't require you to have at least decent programming ability to get admitted??

Does Chicago have a refresher program??

They have a refresher course only in math (it's divided into calc and linear algebra). I suppose they don't require decent programming skills, although I have 4.5 years of very relevant experience, so maybe that helped my application.

Back