• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Where to find trading-related research papers?

I understand that probably nobody wants to share their own trading formula with the public for free, but there got to be some public place where traders/quant researchers communicate and share their findings.

Of course, if you do a google search there will be all kinds of trading research popping up, including some scientific literature/research papers. However, I am wondering what the professional quant researchers/traders read (in order to get exposed to the latest strategies/techs).

Perhaps a better way to ask is - are there any well-known recognized journals/conferences that focus on trading and that are well recognized by the quant community?

Many journals, including applied math/finance, appear to be more on the academic side.

Very much appreciate any insights!

Thank you,

This is a composition of literature on the Kelly Capital, a well recognized approach that has many applications to investing. The authors are legit, traders, not just academics. Thorp made much money with this as a foundation. Solid mathematical understanding is needed to fully understand many of the articles, I am not fully there, but I get the general approach and can pick up on many things from these. I've only read a couple, but they are great.

Back