• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Why your resume sucks...

DominiConnor

Quant Headhunter
Stupid mistakes can kill your application
Over at The Register I talk in terms of IT resumes, but as you'd expect much of it is the same for Quants.
We are in interesting times and even in good times the best jobs are competed hard for and despite the skepticism I hear that "I'm a quant, not a professional writer or sales droid", the fact is that you are selling and you are writing for money, a lot of money.

Excellent, thanks for the link.
They certainly aren't sloppy and I particularly like number 7, the Hagan Blount one.

Part of your application strategy should be to have multiple resumes a risk management technique that is much the same as "don't put all your eggs in one basket". A weird CV might get you into somewhere that you'd otherwise get lost in the crowd, or blow up your application entirely.

Thanks for sharing DominiConnor - reminds me of what Crack has to say on the subject (though this also falls over into interviews).

Back