• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Will Anyone Be Attending the ARPM Bootcamp?

Not going, but would you mind posting a review here post-bootcamp? I'm curious about it, but I am a bit wary of how much I can absorb in 6-days covering a broad swath of topics. Thanks!

Not going, but would you mind posting a review here post-bootcamp? I'm curious about it, but I am a bit wary of how much I can absorb in 6-days covering a broad swath of topics. Thanks!
Sure. Will do.

Anyone in Quantnet attending the APRM?
Hope we have a chance to meet.

Bing and I will do a review after the APRM Bootcamp.

Last edited:
This definitely is a worth-to-go training. The only quant finance training bootcamp that I knew from my head. Class materials is broad and deep for the 6 days back to back with review and training session right after the main session. Also, the training offered so-called “lab” where you can view all the matlab/python code for all the examples, chart simulations, which became so handy afterward to build up my own library. Also instructor mentioned in the class that from this year, they will offer an even longer and immersive training for several months which student can learn from home. That might be better for person who enjoy studying at your own pace kind of the thing. To me as a quant, I will definitely go back again.

APRM Bootcamp is taught by a practioner, Atillio Meucci
Attilio Meucci - Wikipedia

The URL for the APRM Bootcamp is: Quantitative Finance Course | ARPM Bootcamp.

Myself a Quant practioner, Meucci knows what he is talking about.

The APRM Bootcamp focuses on the "P" side of quant finance, namely - econometrics, qunatitative risk management and portfolio management rather than the "Q" side on pricing.

Starting 2018, they are enhancing their curriculum adding more materials in Data Science and Machine Learning in Finance.

If you want to have a big picture of techniques done in the APRM Bootcamp would be a worthwhile experience to attend this event. But to my assessment, if you want an honest to goodness mastery of concepts, it will take a year of serious study to fully absorb the material not to mention the incentive of having a APRM certification which will enhance your credentials.

Meucci's book is only half of the story.

If you want to dig deeper on APRM, try digging Meucci's SSRN page: Author Page for Attilio Meucci :: SSRN

Last edited:
Hello There ,
I have attended ARPM Bootcamp in past and strongly recommend it to quant finance community.
I attended ARPM Bootcamp, based on recommendation from another practitioner and found it excellent combination of math theory, its application to risk management as well as portfolio management.
I, myself , is with quant finance back-ground (MAFN from Columbia University in NY) and currently practitioner in quant risk management.
ARPM Bootcamp is unique learning opportunity in quantitative finance , when compared to usual class-room training. It has presentation slides, programming code as well as simulations. These simulations act as visual representation of math/stat concepts , which are foundation of tools used in buy side as well as sell side firms.
ARPM Bootcamp is also excellent networking opportunity with professionals from various firms( sell side as well as buy-side) as well as experts from academia. You will also attend presentations from various industry-veterans in the field.
It covers broad spectrum of topics in few days, but in-depth manner.
Atillio Meucci is subject matter expert as well as excellent communicator.
He teaches many complex topics in clear terms. ARPM bootcamp also has importannt component
of end-of-day exercise and solutions review. It helps to absorb theory.
Wishing you best in your journey of analytical finance!
Pratik Mhatre

Last edited:
The ARPM Bootcamp is an intense week-long program that aims to give participants a solid overview of the main statistical concepts related to quantitative finance biased towards the real-world probability measure, P (as opposed to the derivatives pricing, risk-neutral probability measure, Q). It is a tour de force of cutting edge theory and concepts that every serious quantitative analyst should have a reasonable grasp of.

It is supported by a high caliber set of online tools such as the ARPM Lab and the ARPM MOOC (massively open online course) and academic support staff to ensure students can maximize their learning experience since the ARPM Bootcamp covers a lot of material in a fairly condensed period of time.

Atillio Meucci is extremely knowledgeable on the subject matter and, unlike many academics, has real-world practical industry experience in the areas he teaches. As a bonus, he is also an extremely talented teacher and has a great knack for explaining complicated concepts in a straightforward manner. In fact, his talent for teaching is carried through into the online material referred to above used to support the ARPM Bootcamp.

In addition to the learning material and resource available at the ARPM Bootcamp, it’s also a great place to network with like-minded people who each have their own unique perspective in relation to the subject matter being taught.

In summary, the ARPM Bootcamp is a cutting edge course offered by a pre-eminently capable team, led by the eponymous Atillio Meuci. The various online tools supporting the program are great and icing on the cake. The networking opportunities alone are well worth the attendance fee.

I would highly recommend attending and learning what all the hype is about.

SGK

I know that this thread was started in 2017, I attended the ARPM Bootcamp in 2018 and I am even considering attending this year (2019). The above responses are very accurate in their description of the ARPM bootcamp, I think Attilio's delivery of the ARPM Bootcamp is superb. He has a mastery of developing the theory in a very engaging way and one can enjoy the process. I consider myself to be very literate in several financial topics (BA Economics, CFA, FRM) but I still found significant gems in the camp. On that note, the quantitative focus of the course becomes a very good introduction for anyone who wants to have a deeper understanding of issues (as a manager) or for somebody who is just starting his career and needs guidance on what should be the focus of their career. Finally, there are interesting network opportunities from a very diverse field, I visited the ARPM Bootcamp from Mexico and was surprised to see several countrymen and fellow Latin-Americans at the camp. The topics discussed in the course make for a good introduction to talk with fellow colleagues on their own approaches at work and how to implement different strategies/techniques from a risk perspective or from an investor perspective.

Last edited:
I'd like to offer my assessment of the ARPM boot camp. I am the chair of NYU's Finance and Risk Engineering Dept. which offers a
Masters of Science degree in Financial Engineering. We have a capstone course that students must complete after their first year. One of the many avenues we offer for completion is to take the ARPM boot camp along with some supplemental material. I have been monitoring the feedback from about two dozen Masters students who took the ARPM boot camp in the past two years. The feedback has been quite positive. A common theme is that a lot of material is covered in the week, so if you sign up, be sure to fasten your seatbelts.

This definitely is a worth-to-go training. The only quant finance training bootcamp that I knew from my head.

This is the only post ever for this user on QuantNet

Hello There ,
I have attended ARPM Bootcamp in past and strongly recommend it to quant finance community.

Again, only post ever for this user on QuantNet

I would highly recommend attending and learning what all the hype is about.

SGK

You guessed it, the ONLY post ever for this user on QuantNet

I know that this thread was started in 2017, I attended the ARPM Bootcamp in 2018 and I am even considering attending this year (2019). The above responses are very accurate in their description of the ARPM bootcamp, I think Attilio's delivery of the ARPM Bootcamp is superb.

The only po... you get the idea

The ARPM bootcamp is at NYU, Peter Carr is a past guest there; whether he can give unbiased reviews of the bootcamp, I think that's a question everyone should answer for themselves.

I will also point out, on QuantNet's NYU Tandon review page, the department chair, Peter Carr, wrote that he "takes the negative reviews seriously" on 2017-05-26. Shortly after, in a one week span from 2017-06-11 to 2017-06-18, there were EIGHT 4/5 star reviews, when the majority of the previous reviews were critical.

Whether this is, on the face of it, obvious astro-turfing, and to what extent the opinions posted can be relied upon, that is for each of us to determine.

@ApolloChariot - quite possible they are promoting the course, but for what it’s worth I read their posts in full agreement with their feedback.

Meucci is an engaging presenter, knows the material deeply, and has distilled the theoretical component to those areas most relevant to (buy side) practice. The content is intense 12-13 hours a day of lecture and lab. I had a much weaker foundation when I attended ( basic stats, calculus, and linear algebra but nothing else), and I was quite engaged. Maybe at the level of a dog watching TV, but still quite entertaining. Obviously you can’t master the material in that time, but for the novice it provides a humbling overview of the field and for the expert a ready to go tool kit of code and caveats.

They have industry professionals come in and present throughout - and ironically I think @Peter Carr was one of the speakers when I was there. There’s a dinner as well where accomplished in the field come in to meet the students and promote their own favorite charities. Bob Litterman, etc.

Meucci also donates all the profit from his book to charity.

I’m hoping to attend next year - I’ll be 2/3 of the way through grad school, and to steal NYU Tandons idea, it would be a good capstone.

@ApolloChariot - quite possible they are promoting the course, but for what it’s worth I read their posts in full agreement with their feedback.

Meucci is an engaging presenter, knows the material deeply, and has distilled the theoretical component to those areas most relevant to (buy side) practice. The content is intense 12-13 hours a day of lecture and lab. I had a much weaker foundation when I attended ( basic stats, calculus, and linear algebra but nothing else), and I was quite engaged. Maybe at the level of a dog watching TV, but still quite entertaining. Obviously you can’t master the material in that time, but for the novice it provides a humbling overview of the field and for the expert a ready to go tool kit of code and caveats.

They have industry professionals come in and present throughout - and ironically I think @Peter Carr was one of the speakers when I was there. There’s a dinner as well where accomplished in the field come in to meet the students and promote their own favorite charities. Bob Litterman, etc.

Meucci also donates all the profit from his book to charity.

I’m hoping to attend next year - I’ll be 2/3 of the way through grad school, and to steal NYU Tandons idea, it would be a good capstone.

That’s very insightful. Feedback is very useful when one knows for sure it’s not the result of astroturfing.

Back