• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Yahoo Fantasy Finance

Someone who longed calls on Apple in the beginning of the year. Lucky ducky.

Hindsight is 20/20 ;)
Apple.png

I will short FB. I will wait one week for all of the insanity to die down. I will then short it hard.

...and then I will earn 30% returns a month for the rest of my life. :ROFLMAO:

Knowing this, how many of you will go long FB when it is public and expect this type of return on a 10 year window?

I bought Apple stock in 2007 with my internship money. I did it because Apple makes products people want, and they do it better than any other company. FB makes money because it has everyone locked in, but in the long-term that's not a winning proposition. I don't know very many people who like FB for any reason other than network effects, which will eventually die out if they continue putting out a bad product.

Incidentally, I would short Samsung's TV business if I could. Their public statements about what people want in a TV are so off the mark. I bought my first HDTV a few months ago (it's a Samsung), and the UI is awful. I'll be paying a lot more attention to the UI the next time I buy a TV. If other people feel the same way, Apple will eat into Samsung's TV market share very quickly.

I will short FB. I will wait one week for all of the insanity to die down. I will then short it hard.

...and then I will earn 30% returns a month for the rest of my life. :ROFLMAO:
Really? Short FB? I feel bad for you. I am Bullish on FB for now. No real competitor in the space and Google+ is lagging big time.
Invest with me, because you will lose on your short.

Back