• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Yale Asset Management

Hi! does anyone know about the Yale Asset Management program? what is the bar and how good is the program compared with UCB and CMU's? Share your thoughts here!

Firstly, Yale's AM is a specialized quantitative finance program specifically in Asset Management, one of its kind; but not a typical MFE program. Therefore, the comparison between Yale's AM and other MFE programs would be meaningless.

Secondly, the admissions bar is on par with that of Princeton's MFin program, meaning much higher than other Finance masters or MFEs such as MIT's MFin, UCB MFE, etc. Yale originally planned to start this program in Fall 2020 but deferred the start to Fall 2021 due to pandemic. From their admissions data released to offer holders, they received over 1100+ applications and admitted 53 students last year, of which made a class size of 28 students. They plan to admit a similar number this year and combine them with last year's cohort for an initial class of around 60 students. Hope this helps!

I heard there might be interviews from the admission blogs and related information seminars.

Last edited:
What month of the year does the program start? Didn't see the info from their website

Just got an interview less than 30 minutes ago. Does anyone have any ideas about what to expect? Did they hold interviews last year? I tried to look for some resources online but all I got was Kira feedbacks.

Firstly, Yale's AM is a specialized quantitative finance program specifically in Asset Management, one of its kind; but not a typical MFE program. Therefore, the comparison between Yale's AM and other MFE programs would be meaningless.

Secondly, the admissions bar is on par with that of Princeton's MFin program, meaning much higher than other Finance masters or MFEs such as MIT's MFin, UCB MFE, etc. Yale originally planned to start this program in Fall 2020 but deferred the start to Fall 2021 due to pandemic. From their admissions data released to offer holders, they received over 1100+ applications and admitted 53 students last year, of which made a class size of 28 students. They plan to admit a similar number this year and combine them with last year's cohort for an initial class of around 60 students. Hope this helps!
What is Quantitative Investing and Investment Analysis on the Curriculum that sounds rather broad. Financial Econometrics is very important for asset pricing I get that. Nothing on data science or ML in Fin. You could be selective on the admission process all you want, but I am afraid the Curriculum, isn't rich enough, I could be wrong tho who knows

how were people's interviews? it seems standard 30 min behavioral ...i m curious if they are just trying to chat for sake of interview or will they actually use this to accept/reject candidate?
i feel majority of the folks got yale interview

it's still a first year program with just 1 year duration... all curriculum prob more or less still in dev... career service unproven... also yale som not tier 1...

Back