• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Yale Asset Management

FYI, Yale School of Management (SOM) has just published their first employment report for the Masters in Asset Management Class of 2023.

As a thought experiment, where would y'all rank this program in the current rankings in terms of viability for quantitative finance. I would probably rank it around 11th or 12th. Strong Yale brand name, some great employers (e.g. BAM, IMC, Bridgewater) however lack of depth with a 9-month program. Salary is also a bit lackluster. Definitely below MIT, i'd say above NCSU because of more buy-side exposure and better brand. What do y'all think?

As a thought experiment, where would y'all rank this program in the current rankings in terms of viability for quantitative finance. I would probably rank it around 11th or 12th. Strong Yale brand name, some great employers (e.g. BAM, IMC, Bridgewater) however lack of depth with a 9-month program. Salary is also a bit lackluster. Definitely below MIT, i'd say above NCSU because of more buy-side exposure and better brand. What do y'all think?
It seems like their best students have placement that rivals top programs while the rest get a salary + sign-on bonus of around $105,000 which is very obtainable from cheaper schools like UW and NCSU.

It says that 1/3 of the class is employed in China, could any Chinese students weigh in here on how those salaries compare to American companies? I'm wondering if that skews the data

It seems like their best students have placement that rivals top programs while the rest get a salary + sign-on bonus of around $105,000 which is very obtainable from cheaper schools like UW and NCSU.

It says that 1/3 of the class is employed in China, could any Chinese students weigh in here on how those salaries compare to American companies? I'm wondering if that skews the data
As far as I know, they should be sensibly lower. That is the same problem some European programs, such as Imperial RMFE, have when reporting the data.

FYI, Yale School of Management (SOM) has just published their first employment report for the Masters in Asset Management Class of 2023.

The report is 6 months post graduation, standard practice among business schools.
In QuantNet rankings, we use 3 months post graduation.
Just keep this in mind when you compare numbers across different programs.

If you receive $100,000 annual salary in China, I would it is a very decent starting salary. It is difficult to make comparison with the placement stats from other programs that have mostly stats in the U.S. Obviously, if you consider the placement stats in USD, they do not look impressive. However, do keep in mind that while you make more money in the U.S., the costs of living are also much higher in the U.S.

Back