• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anything from 2024 Columbia MFE?

Has anyone received an admit in the past two weeks? Or has it been only waitlists and rejects? If there haven’t been any offers going out, can we assume the class is currently full?

Has anyone received an admit in the past two weeks? Or has it been only waitlists and rejects? If there haven’t been any offers going out, can we assume the class is currently full?
one of my friends got in during the release of first batch of admits and he could only find 10 other people till now. I dont think class is even half full

one of my friends got in during the release of first batch of admits and he could only find 10 other people till now. I dont think class is even half full
Seems a bit unlikely that the class wouldn't be nearly full by now since most would have had to make a decision already

I agree. I think a lot has been going on and while I think it’s unfortunate we haven’t received any additional communication, Columbia is still a fine institution and I’m sure they’ll get back to us soon. Best of luck to everyone!

Columbia couldn't have prepared for the protests it's facing. It was inevitable that the protests would affect the University's operations. To be fair Columbia seemed slow before the protests broke out, but once they did I understood completely why there was a delay. The waitlist letter's went out on the 10th with a week deadline for a reply. This forum will likely light up on 5/18 and after once Columbia knows who is still available for admission. If not a lot of people reserve a waitlist spot, I could see a second round of waitlist offers coming. But to be realistic, if you are not currently on the waitlist your chance of admission is near zero, sorry to whoever is in that camp.

Just the protests don't justify this massive delay and lack of communication. IEOR admissions is just very messed up/disorganized this year, they are not even answering phone calls. I have applied to other programs at Columbia that of course were affected by the protests and received a response in a fair amount of time.

Back