• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Application Essay

Hi all,

I'm writing the application essay and a little bit confused about the contents to include. The essay requires us to address the following questions:

Why do you plan to pursue graduate studies in Financial Engineering?
What motivates you to apply to the Baruch MFE program?
What are your career goals upon graduation

I didn't see any questions regarding past experiences and background, as always shown in essays of other programs. I believe those are important aspects that the admission officer wants to see, but not explicitly shown in the prompt. So should we include them in the essay?

Thanks!

Yes, of course. You want to show that a fin.eng. program/ Baruch MFE will (plausibly) further a process of learning and achievement that began years earlier.

Yes, of course. You want to show that a fin.eng. program/ Baruch MFE will (plausibly) further a process of learning and achievement that began years earlier.

Thank you so much! That's what I thought too. But how much should past experiences have in this essay? I'm currently writing about 2 pages out of 3. It seems to me that it's a bit long.

Thanks!

Back