• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Are there books about parameter calibration for derivative pricing?

In most of the textbooks, the SDE of the underlying asset is given and then using PDE or MC to get the option price. But few of them talked about how to calibrate the parameters to the market and what instruments should be used to do that.
For example, for the Hull-White model, we need interest rate cap\floor to get the mean reversion speed and volatility. Another example should be used cap and swaption to calibrate the Libor Market Model. But I have never got an idea of how to calibrate a general model.
I am wondering if there is a book covering the topic and show a map from the model to the corresponding instruments.
I really appreciate if anyone can help!

Back