• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career opportunities in California

I'm currently enrolled in the MMF program at the University of Toronto and I was wondering whether anyone could provide me with some insights into the opportunities and job markets in California. Personally, I enjoy my field and find it challenging and engaging, but location is also a major concern for me. I've visited southern California a few times and fell in love with the place and I have done a little research into the firms that are there. I know that Wells Fargo is headed in San Francisco and there are a few larger firms around, but there is definitely no major financial hub. Would anyone be able to steer me in the right direction as to which firms, banks, funds, etc., are situated there (both northern and southern California, though I would prefer the Irvine area and LA area) and would be more inclined to hire a quant? As well, how should I go about applying for positions there, e.g., which job sites are useful, etc.?

Thank you everyone and all the best in the new year!

I'm currently enrolled in the MMF program at the University of Toronto and I was wondering whether anyone could provide me with some insights into the opportunities and job markets in California. Personally, I enjoy my field and find it challenging and engaging, but location is also a major concern for me. I've visited southern California a few times and fell in love with the place and I have done a little research into the firms that are there. I know that Wells Fargo is headed in San Francisco and there are a few larger firms around, but there is definitely no major financial hub. Would anyone be able to steer me in the right direction as to which firms, banks, funds, etc., are situated there (both northern and southern California, though I would prefer the Irvine area and LA area) and would be more inclined to hire a quant? As well, how should I go about applying for positions there, e.g., which job sites are useful, etc.?

HCG!!!!!!

Headlands Technologies: http://www.headlandstech.com/

Back