• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU Placement stats - inconsistent ?

Link 1 --> Class of 2011 Full Time students
50 students = seeking employment
1 student = not seeking employment
-----------------------------------------------------
Total Full Time students = 51
-----------------------------------------------------
Assuming that "Class of 2011" refers to students entering in Fall of 2010,
Link 2 --> 2010 = 40(PA) + 38 (NY) = 78 Full Time Students
Is this a mistake on CMU's end or am I missing something here (more likely) ?

Assuming that "Class of 2011" refers to students entering in Fall of 2010,
According to that link, Full-Time MSCF Graduating December 2010 (Class of 2011), this means students entering in Fall 2009.
They don't have 2009 admission stats on their website but according to our Wiki, their class size of 2009 is 70 (a big drop)
https://www.quantnet.com/wiki/

This may correspond for that 51 full-time students number.
They usually report placement numbers 3 months after graduation and do not report status of part-time students (as far as they are concerned, they are already fully employed).
That said, I can't seem to find the reports for Full-Time MSCF Graduating December 2011 (Class of 2012) which graduated over a year ago.

Is this a mistake on CMU's end or am I missing something here (more likely) ?

the latter. you're mixing up two class years. it is confusing, though, as students will often refer to themselves as class of 2012 if they're graduating in december 2012, even though the school treats it as the class of 2013.

Back