• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
I thought the choice of redirecting to MSOR is not available for this year. Seems like it still exists.

But still received nothing. Feeling so sad. I don't know whether we have the chance to be admitted or redirect to MSOR.

But still received nothing. Feeling so sad. I don't know whether we have the chance to be admitted or redirect to MSOR.
From the tracker, it seems that last year people rejected at approximately the same time were redirected to MSOR and the others were rejected by 04/15... Feeling sad.

From the tracker, it seems that last year people rejected at approximately the same time were redirected to MSOR and the others were rejected by 04/15... Feeling sad.
We can still a few more days, because the redirect seems to be sent in several days. Maybe that's the last chance.

This year is really weird. In last 5 years at least 30 people posted the admit on the tracker but there are only 22 people admitted this year. Also the reject mail was usually sent out all at once but it seems not this year

I wonder when the redirect will begin. It seems that in the last few years, the redirect occured several days after completing admission of MFE. But this year, 2 or 3 people said that they got the redirect a few days ago. So it's quite strange.

I wonder when the redirect will begin. It seems that in the last few years, the redirect occured several days after completing admission of MFE. But this year, 2 or 3 people said that they got the redirect a few days ago. So it's quite strange.
I believe this year the admission and the redirect occur at the same time. The ddl for this round's deposit is April 9th. There should still be a round of admissions for the MFE program.

I think redirect does not mean the end of admission of MFE. They may redirect people who are more suitable for operation research program. MSOR is still a competitive program this year.

I believe this year the admission and the redirect occur at the same time. The ddl for this round's deposit is April 9th. There should still be a round of admissions for the MFE program.
Hope so. I am feeling so depressed now. Many people get their dream offer. But I heard nothing from Chicago, Cornell and Columbia. Some people say that no news is a good news. But... So sad

Back