• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
Generally speaking, which applicant did Columbia MFE like better? Someone on the WL for MFE or someone redirected to MSOR? :D

I assume not all people admitted will take their offer. That may give a chance to WL candidates.

And what about the people who still have not heard anything back?

Just curious, for those who are put in WL, when asked about interests in other MS program (the last question), which program do you guys choose and why, if any?

I was waitlisted and I did not choose another program as I was being honest in that if I ever got in to the other programs at Columbia I would just enroll in the other schools I have been accepted to anyways.

If you're on the waitlist, do you think that the faster you answer to the form the better are your chances to get in ? or do they wait until 10th april to check the additional documents ?

If you're on the waitlist, do you think that the faster you answer to the form the better are your chances to get in ? or do they wait until 10th april to check the additional documents ?
Definitely update your personal document as soon as possible. I think Columbia is pretty fast in responding.

Hi everyone. This is Abhinav from India. Has anyone from India accepted and paid the deposit fee (4k $)? . I have tried to pay it, but unable to do so (tried Citi bank credit card (mastercard), ICICI debit cards (Visa) ). If anyone here had paid the fee, could you let me know the mode you have used to do so.

Hi, I wanted to know if there is any whatsapp/facebook group of all the students joining the Columbia MFE 2018?
Will be helpful to share resources and have discussions regarding the Visa application etc.

Just got an email saying no one on the waitlist can be admitted now because they enrolled too many people in every program. The email also mentions there might be an update on June 1st. I am wondering if anyone knows why there will be an update? It seems like that too many people have paid a deposit, so why would they know who is not going on June 1st..

Just got an email saying no one on the waitlist can be admitted now because they enrolled too many people in every program. The email also mentions there might be an update on June 1st. I am wondering if anyone knows why there will be an update? It seems like that too many people have paid a deposit, so why would they know who is not going on June 1st..
It is so funny. If all of their master programs have enough students, why did they send the waitlist? It's pretty strange.

It is so funny. If all of their master programs have enough students, why did they send the waitlist? It's pretty strange.
IKR! Well, every program supposes to admit 1.5 or 2 times students that they prepare to admit, but it is still pretty funny when every single one of their program is full lol. I am considering MA stats at columbia now. Wonder how is that program.

IKR! Well, every program supposes to admit 1.5 or 2 times students that they prepare to admit, but it is still pretty funny when every single one of their program is full lol. I am considering MA stats at columbia now. Wonder how is that program.
It is also very funny to tell us that we can wait until June. If it is full now, is there any better program sending AD during the following 2 months to release some available position of Columbia? So the email is really ridiculous.

Back