• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

I saw two people got admitted right after their interviews. I have one tomorrow 2/16 with a current student in the ieor department.

My background has nothing to do with finance so I am really nervous and anxious now. Any advice or tips? I'll post my interview questions afterwards to win the luck for my admission. :)

Relax, get a good nights sleep, and express your genuine interest in the field. You surely have a reason that you want to pursue this degree so you have to portray your dedication and your reasoning to the interviewer. From the looks of it the Columbia interviews are not technical questions.

The interview went pretty well, I guess? I was asked for simple questions, like why this program, tell your story and how to fund the program. It was a short conversation, and I hope it is a good sign.

I was really impressive by my interviewer, who has a strong background, amazing experiences, and he was very nice through the whole process.

Now I'll just pray and wait for good news.

Back