• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CS Background interested in buy-side Quant

Hi!

I am CS Undergrad with a minor in Maths. I am currently in my final year and am interning as a quant developer (crypto exchange). However, I am more interested in becoming a quant analyst/researcher eventually.

I was wondering what masters programme and from where would be best suited for me. I am not interested in joining the sell side and hence feel maybe an MFE is not appropriate. I was thinking abt a masters in math or stats or ML but am not sure which specific programme is recommended.

My Math coursework is: Calc, MultiVar Calc, Linear Alg, Probability, Mathematical Prob, Stochastic Proc
Modules i am thinking of taking before graduating: Real Analysis / Linear Algebra 2
Any other modules you guys would recommend to make my application for a more mathematical masters be strong?

Thanks!

QR is a pretty generic title for roles that have widely different daily tasks and skills from firm to firm. Same as QA roles.
The skill set that are universally critical is math/programming/stats/database.
I would suggest that you go look at job listings for positions in your ideal match and see what skillsets required.
Reach out to a few recent grads with this roles and ask about their job. You will learn far more this way.
If you desire to do a master program, the knowledge above will help you target the programs with the right curriculum.

Back