Education vs Job : Quants are not always the best (true story)

hi guys. this is my first thread. before i wrote it , i had read many topics about people want to be a Quant. I think most of them are attracted by the salary.
my point is to be a successful man. it s not necessarily to work their . according to some personal development theories. there are 3 criteria to be a leader in the Market.

*Be passion
*Creativity
*Object oriented

So you can be a good student in maths and programming and finance, but sometimes calculs are not accurate especially when we talk about politics which affects Markets a lot . for example no one can predict a war in Middle east to take a good decision in Oil market. another point for people who talk about PDh. George Soros was nt a Phd holder, nor a programmer but he had the sagacity. which not anyone can get it in field known by his swing.
My advice is : Evaluate first your potential.then choose the field in which you think you will be more producitve , and go on.

you can be a quants whith just a bachelor with a lot of experience .because not anyone can apply Maths in real life. only the geek
;)

Do you really think that inability of predicting political disorders weakens the role of mathematics? Then you are on the side of qualitative analysts. The three criteria you provided are so general in nature that no one can even grasp he/she lacks any of them. Nobody can say: "Hey boss I'm a good programmer with 5+ years of experience with structured products, excellent knowledge of the derivatives products but I'm a bit less creative." Finding this even in yourself is tough since no one would admit this for themselves. I have found many (tons of, and exactly similar) criteria in different subjects like strategic management, marketing management, operations management and so on which themselves don't make sense.

Do you really think that inability of predicting political disorders weakens the role of mathematics? Then you are on the side of qualitative analysts. The three criteria you provided are so general in nature that no one can even grasp he/she lacks any of them. Nobody can say: "Hey boss I'm a good programmer with 5+ years of experience with structured products, excellent knowledge of the derivatives products but I'm a bit less creative." Finding this even in yourself is tough since no one would admit this for themselves. I have found many (tons of, and exactly similar) criteria in different subjects like strategic management, marketing management, operations management and so on which themselves don't make sense.
those criteria are made for anyone want to succeed in a field in which he knows which paths he will take.youre right no one can say i m having them. but people must analyze themselves first in order to go forward. Wall street or any other Big market need people wih high frequency of Reflex which depends on those criteria . :)

those criteria are made for anyone want to succeed in a field in which he knows which paths he will take.youre right no one can say i m having them. but people must analyze themselves first in order to go forward. Wall street or any other Big market need people wih high frequency of Reflex which depends on those criteria . :)

I got your point you are right but it's simple, like saying: "Education is the way to succeed!".

I got your point you are right but it's simple, like saying: "Education is the way to succeed!".
yes but not only education. intelligence have a major role. maybe youre smart in school but not successful in your life on which some fields depends .for example if youre asset manager and youre not sociable , even if youre good manager you will never convince new clients. ;)

Back