Employment After Graduation

• Thread starter Thread starter TRAB
  • Start date Start date
Do most employers expect graduates of MFE's and similar programs expect graduates to have work experience? I have been accepted into some really good programs and wonder if my lack of experience will prevent me from finding a summer internship and a full time job after graduation.

Won't prevent, but it won't be easy... network or be a top student in class and get employment through school...
If the school has a dedicated career service, it will help you.

Hi roni, I see that you are/were a Cornell FE student.
If you are still a student there, can you tell how many students from your class of 2012 have found an internships already. I think by this time of the year most(best) of the intern positions should be distributed already.

If you have the opportunity to work between undergrad and grad, I'd say do that rather than going straight to grad.

I think it's easier to appreciate grad school when you have the perspective of working a year or two.

FWIW, though, I think there are a boatload of people graduating from MFEs without much work experience and I know people who fall into this category and graduated MFE and got (good) jobs.

Back