• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Good textbooks for college freshmen interested in S&T?

Before I get flamed, I did check out the master reading list for Quants, as posted by Andy. However as a college freshmen who is aspiring for S&T (specifically trading), I keep hearing that one should be very knowledgeable of the "markets". My question is how do I become knowledgeable of the markets and more importantly, where do I start?

I am guessing that reading a beginner's textbook on capital markets would be good place to start (correct me if I'm wrong). I was wondering if the Quantnet community could share some suggestions of books that I could pick up as a college freshmen about the "markets" in general. Thanks.

Thanks for the list Andy, do you have any specific books to begin with? After all, that's a pretty long list lol

Try Alex Kuznetsov's "The Complete Guide to Capital Markets for Quantitative Professionals."

Back