Hagan Ricci Group?

• Thread starter Thread starter Karth
  • Start date Start date
I'm currently a Ph.D. student in computer science (first year) in one of the top 4 schools in CS (MIT/CMU/Stanford/Berkeley), and am interested in quantitative algorithmic trading. My Ph.D. is in machine learning, which involves a lot of programming (MATLAB/C++/Python mainly) and mathematics (statistics/calculus).

I've just gotten started in the overall field (quantitative finance), and recently came across the Hagan-Ricci group (http://www.hrg.net/). Has anybody else heard of this group?

The salaries on their front page seem incredibly high. I'd most likely be interested in something like the "Quantitative Algorithmic Trading Researcher" position, as it seems that it would fit me well (after graduating with my Ph.D.).

Can I seriously expect $300K-$600K straight out of my Ph.D., if I'm fortunate enough to get into a top quant firm, or is this astoundingly high? I was a software engineer with Google for 7 months before starting grad school this past August, if that's relevant.

Thanks a bunch! I've been a part of this forum for less than a month, and have already learned so much thanks to you guys :)

Back