• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help - Work experience evaluation

I don't know much about asset management so don't want to lead you astray. I just want to point out that there is not all that much covered in the MFE curriculum that is particularly useful in asset management at least as I understand it. You may be able to take some courses or electives but the main stochastics and numerical analysis is sell-side derivatives pricing stuff.

Actually your current experience seems more relevant to asset management than anything you'd learn in an MFE. It may be that some quant hedge funds in the margin recruit MFEs just because they know the graduates will be quantitative / programming people who know the finance vocabulary. I would consider if there's not another option more suitable to your career trajectory however.

Back