• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Honest Career Advice

Hey everyone,

I will try to keep this as short as possible.

Objective: I am looking for general advice in terms of different career pathways in Quant space that may be suitable for me. I would request, if brief understanding could be provided on everyday work for the specific role and most practical way to get started with that pathway. Open to straight forward reviews as well.

Background:
  • 29 years old and residing in India
  • Completed MBA from one of top 5 B-schools in India
  • Worked as Corporate Credit Analyst with a bank for 4 years
  • Working with start-up as Investment Manager in Fixed Income segment for 2 years
  • Recently completed all three levels of CFA within span of 2 years

Strengths:
  • Quantitative Analysis
  • Strong fundamental knowledge in field in Investments, portfolio management
  • Decent experience with Options Trading in Currency Segment
  • Consistent Performer

Weakness:
  • Average networking skills
  • Inability to keep track of world affairs

Expectations:
  • Opportunity to work in developed financial markets
  • Least amount of money & time spent on further bookish education (open to practical experience)
  • Multiply my growth using my strengths rather than growing by rectifying weakness

Back