• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE I just noticed that Columbia MSFE posted the emplyoment stats from the last two years

Thanks Roni!
By the way, how does 38 out of 48 come out to 90% exactly?
Am I misunderstanding the term placed?

Yes, its 38 out of 42. It's interesting that out of 60+ students only 48 graduated... what happened with the rest ? dropped out or just delayed graduation ?

Also looks like salaries have been slowly on the decline.
I guess companies started taking advantage of students with no experience or graduates started accepting offers that are not related to quant finance or trading...

Even the type of positions offered have changed considerably from previous years. The salaries also look quite low.

now the fact that those 4 didnt reply smells kinda fishy! I mean for each one of them there is a considerable probability that he didnt get a job (it might be a reason why not to answer the survey for example). At the same time, 38 out of 42 doesn't live up with the high reputation and the fact of growing job market in the past year! Does it?

now the fact that those 4 didnt reply smells kinda fishy! I mean for each one of them there is a considerable probability that he didnt get a job (it might be a reason why not to answer the survey for example). At the same time, 38 out of 42 doesn't live up with the high reputation and the fact of growing job market in the past year! Does it?
That's true, but perhaps these graduates didn't want to disclose any information about their positions ?

But, absolutely 38/48 doesn't sound as good as 38/42

If you have an in house career services working with the graduates, you don't need a survey to know how many of your students have internship/job at any given time. That's what programs with smaller cohorts or have a dedicated career person are able to do.
So, what does it mean "6 didn't respond" ?

If you have an in house career services working with the graduates, you don't need a survey to know how many of your students have internship/job at any given time. That's what programs with smaller cohorts or have a dedicated career person are able to do.

I don't think career service can post graduates' job placement info without survey or permission, even though they may know the data without survey

Back