• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE I scored 98 in IBT toefl test, should I applied to Cornell's MFE

the orie requests a minum score of 100, but i reached the minum in each category,29+22+22+25
I donot know whether it is possible to be considered under this condition?

I can't say for Cornell but your TOEFL score is rather poor. 100 minimum is a fair cutoff point. Many applicants I have looked at and eventually get admitted into top programs have 110+ in the test.

thanks andy, I know my score is really poor. But, I mean, should I have a try or just dont consider those top program?

Do not put an end to your top MFE journey because of a stupid toefl exam, give it again, do well, and apply!

Since you can't change much here, you have to show the ad coms that your score does not correlate with your English ability through your essays, Statement of Purpose, etc. I know people who aced the test but have difficultly putting together two to three coherent sentences at a time.

thanks kbharadwaj,but i have no time to retake it...

Back