• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Increase MFE/Mfin/Comp Sci 2025 Admission chances

Hi everyone! Just recently joined, I’m currently working in NYC as a PM at a fortune 100, but looking for a career change and an interest in buy/sell side quant dev/trader developed into a desire to career pivot! I live in NYC & I’m considering the C++ & Python Quantnet course in addition to taking some math courses at a community college and starting some blogs. Looking to apply to Baruch(Ik no way probably lol),

Columbia, Princeton MSF, Carnegie, Cornell
Alternative pursuing an OMCS from GTech, networking my ass off etc

Stats:
-24M POC
-Information Science(T20 undergrad) 3.4 GPA
-Experience w/Python, R & SQL
-2 Years as PM, 1 Year IT Systems Analyst
-Coursework Math: Calc 1-3

If you have time to significantly strengthen your profile, I think you can properly plan for the Baruch MFE and other programs on your list.
In addition to the C++, Python courses here, may I suggest also taking the Options course as well as the Baruch pre-MFE courses.
The Options course is developed by the Baruch MFE director and the TA is one of the professors teaching in their MFE program.
The pre-MFE is essentially a pre-bootcamp courses which everyone should do nonetheless.
You need to take some more math courses from one of the local community colleges in NYC. They are a pretty inexpensive way to meet the requirements.

With proper planning and determination, you should be able to get a strong shot at all the top programs. If timeline for Fall 25 is too compressed, then plan for Fall 2026. You only do this professional master programs once and you need to get into the strongest one that you can.

Thank you for the guidance! This will help so much. I've been evaluating the different math courses offered at local community colleges in the city. I wasn't able to find the pre-reqs for the Pre-MFE courses, since I've already taken up to Calc 3, would you mind sharing what math courses I need to take and in what following order. I definitely think I'll push for Fall 2025.

Thank you for the guidance! This will help so much. I've been evaluating the different math courses offered at local community colleges in the city. I wasn't able to find the pre-reqs for the Pre-MFE courses, since I've already taken up to Calc 3, would you mind sharing what math courses I need to take and in what following order. I definitely think I'll push for Fall 2025.
Linear algebra,
calc based probability
ideally you'd also have some numerical linear algebra (so this would need to come after 1-2 semesters of linear algebra- depending on the rigor of the NLA course)

But the bare minimum that you don't currently meet is one course in LA and another in probability.

Back