• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

indian degen need help

I'm currently doing a bachelors of commerce( financial analytics) in India and getting a degree from the Institute of Analytics UK, I'll be touching R/Python with Business Statistics with R programming, Multivariate Data Analysis, Minitab, operations research, Data mining, text mining, and a lot of stats. I'm also doing Chartered Accountancy (Irrelevant).

I have got 2 options from here:
a) Either I go for a doggy MBA and CFA and just work my way in India PE or IB
b) I do a PGDBA in Business Analytics and try for a MFE, PGDBA course structure kinda matches prerequisites required but idk what should I do boys

EnU5dE8.png

I guess I am a little confused. Are you deciding between pursing a career in banking or quant? If that is the case, I would pick the former. Quants are more mathematically aligned and generally are not interested in any other path in finance.

If you are interested in doing real math and data analysis/modeling in industry, I would avoid doing typical business analytics programs. If you want to learn math, learn it from a math department. Same goes for statistics, CS, the list goes on.

Also, you will have a BS, BA, and then you want to go for an MFE? If you are truly interested in quant, I would try to skip the middle step - it seems like a waste of time and money.

If I were you, I would probably stick to the IB and eventually PE route. Seems like that path has been in your sights for awhile (considering your BS choice). This forum has a decent amount of non STEM people looking to make a last second swap to quant. Not trying to be rude, but I don't understand how you are interested in a quant career with your choice of BS.

Back