• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Internship Ideas to get into Quant down the line

Hi, Im a civil engineering senior looking to get into the Quant-Research space later down the line. I would have had my major align more but I'm learning about the quant space within the last year and half. With that I intend to get an MFE but I'd like to have some experience that aligns with the space. Are there any ideas of internships I can look for as an undergrad that will get me more primed for the Quant field further down the line? Hoping to start maybe a fall, winter, or spring internship and transfer to full time role and do that for a 2-3 years before MFE.

Thanks

This is a very broad question about an industry that has a wide range of job functions. You need to narrow down some more specific roles in order to target and plan.
You are still early in the process so no need to rush. The more prepared you are, the happier the outcome.
I'll start with the master reading list

Last edited:
Back