• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

internship to full-time: seeking advice

Hello. I recently graduated from college in May, and I've been interning at a buy-side firm during the summer.

During the interview, the interviewer (my supervisor) told me that the purpose of the internship is to hire into full-time.

The internship ends at the end of this month.

Few days ago, I've been verbally offered the job and I expect to receive the official offer letter in 2-3 weeks.

The problem is that I have to find a place to live near the office very soon because my boss wants me to start right away in early September.

But because I do not know how much salary I will receive, I don't know how much I should spend for monthly rent.

My question is: should I ask my boss how much I should expect to receive? Or is it a bad questioin?

Back