• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is is feasible to change major from MS CE to MS FE in NYU Tandon

I have received an admit from NYU Tandon for MS CE of Fall'23. I checked their website and mailed them. I got to know from that we can change major after 1st semester. But as this is not a direct/pre-defined path so I wanted to know is really feasible and how likely is it that I'll be able to change it?

No -- this is not possible. All applications to MS FE @ NYU Tandon must come through the channel of applying for admission to this program. We carefully fill every position we have in our incoming cohort. In the past we found that we would get a dozen or more students from other programs at our doors in early September crying to us (sometimes literally crying) to accept them. We were forced to say "no" face to face in time consuming, emotionally painful interactions at the very moment when we needed to give 100% of our attention to our new students. So the "change of major" door officially has been closed permanently.

Back