• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is it Possible for me to be accepted in the CMU MSCF program?

These are my current credentials:
I have recently finished Chartered accountancy course. (For ref: CPA, In India). I've cleared Level 1 of CFA program and am in the process of giving level 2.
I have 3 years Work experience in the field of Statutory Audit.

I know the course requires significant Math, stats and coding knowledge so I plan to take on those courses in the coming time.

I'm interested in pursuing the field of Quant finance, with the end goal of working in portfolio management or Funds.

I am extremely unsure, If I'll be able to be accepted in the MSCF program at CMU? How should I proceed further?
What would help me strengthen both my CV and my skills to be able to work in the field.

Thank you.

Just send Emily Wertz or Mia Dilanni an email. They'll be glad to give you a preliminary opinion.
Hi, Thank you so much.

I may seem dumb here, But I doubt their Emails are open to non-students. I tried finding them out on the CMU website and only found the linkedin profile, via which I cant message.

CMU is next to impossible with a commerce background, you will be competing with IITians on India level. Also most of the courses will be closed for commerce background people sadly.

CMU is next to impossible with a commerce background, you will be competing with IITians on India level. Also most of the courses will be closed for commerce background people sadly.
What if i am not from iit but from nit or iiit ( also top engineering colleges in india ) @saitama_baka @quantsam with cse and cfa level 1 preparing for level 2 along with internship in world quant and goldman . Final goal is to get an admission offer right out of grad school and landing citadel, janestreet

What if i am not from iit but from nit or iiit ( also top engineering colleges in india ) @saitama_baka @quantsam with cse and cfa level 1 preparing for level 2 along with internship in world quant and goldman . Final goal is to get an admission offer right out of grad school and landing citadel, janestreet
Set your expectation lower. You must be a standout from thousands of applicants across the country to get an offer from such firms fresh out of college.
Getting into CMU is the easiest part of that plan.

What do you mean by closed for commerce background?

Set your expectation lower. You must be a standout from thousands of applicants across the country to get an offer from such firms fresh out of college.
Getting into CMU is the easiest part of that plan.
Unrelated to the comment, But I am confused about which courses to take to supplement Math/Stat and coding knowledge. Any recommendations?

Unrelated to the comment, But I am confused about which courses to take to supplement Math/Stat and coding knowledge. Any recommendations?
You can enroll for courses from QuantNet, Baruch, UCB, MITx. They are all paid and have credibility. Also, these courses(Financial engineering/math) are quite math heavy. Don't know what kind of background you have in commerce, but, you should have a basic understanding of multivariate calculus, differential equations etc.. atleast. Otherwise, you can try for Finance majors or MBA (finance) etc..

you have an internship at worldquant, is it that research consultant one?

Back