• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Kent State MFE or USC MFE

I got admission from Kent state and USC for financial engg....fall 2011

Im very confused between both these universities....

from the univ site, it looks like kent state has a very good course structure.. and trading floors , internships...

But USC is in a good location and also it has a brand value....

please give me your valuable suggestions....

If you look around under the Education forum, there are several discussions on USC MFE. You are confused because there is little mention of them anywhere. And there is little info about them because they aren't exactly on everyone shortlist of top MFE programs.
USC is a fun place to be but when it comes to finding your first job, how does that location and brand name help you?
I visit USC MFE website a lot of time and I don't come away thinking they put any effort in providing relevant info about the course, career services. Maybe they don't have anything.
Kent State isn't exactly the place where people think of financial centers. So you get what you see there.

thanks Andy.. So looks like Kent state is a better option.. I applied as an international student .I am from India. I dont see many students talking about the kent state university which is of big concern to me to talk about this course. Could you help me find some contacts to discuss...

Back