• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking for insight

I have been looking through various quantitative finance programs, ideally I would like to select one in the Boston area. I was mainly considering NEU, Stony Brook, Rutgers and Carnegie Mellon.
I also watched a few videos from https://www.youtube.com/@DimitriBianco

I noticed there is not much talk of Northeastern University's program. Master of Science in Quantitative Finance — Boston - Graduate Programs

Has anyone here completed the NEU program and care to speak about their experience either during or post graduation?

Thanks in advance.

This program was still called a Master in Finance as of Feb 2024. They renamed it Master of Science in Quantitative Finance very recently. If you click on their curriculum, you will see all the courses still refer to the old Master in Finance so my guess is that they are not being quantitative that very long. This should explain why it's not something we ever discussed before. We will see how it will turn out in the future but it's part of the trend where MFin and MBA programs are rebranding themselves to be more quantitative.

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 8.50.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 8.50.36 PM.png

Appreciate that Andy. I am talks with a rep from NEU now and I will make sure to bring this up. I graduated from UW - Seattle with my undergrad in Math, but really want to distance myself from the west coast. I believe there is tremendous value in the networking opportunities that exist in Boston.

Back