• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master in Financial Engineering & Fintech

Hello, currently, I am working in trading sales side (Biggest OTC Broker in EU) as Team lead in Trading Operations & Corporate Actions on Exchange Traded Products in Europe.

I have an MBA and a Master in Finance, however, I want to transition to more derivatives pricing roles (options-warrants) with python (not c++ for now), and I am looking for a cost-effective online program part-time.

I found a master from University of Alcala in Financial Engineering & Fintech (Online) where with the scolarship the cost is under 5k euros. I am interested if this program worth it?

The courses are the following:

1) Financial Computing: R Programming, Data Input and Output, Flow Control Ploting, & High performance computing
2) Fintech Business Models and Technologies: Disruptive Technologies in Finance, Business Models, & Case uses
3) Derivatives Valuation: Continuous Time Finance, Valuation of Equity Derivatives, & Valuation of Fixed Income Derivatives
4) Financial Modeling: Probability, Linear Models for conditional mean, Arch models, & Nonlinear extenstions.
5) Artificial Inteligence & Deep Learning: Artificial Inteligence, Machine Learning, Python Language, Supervised Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Reinformcement Learning Algorythms
6) Risk Management: Market Risk, Credit Risk & XVA, & Model Risk
7) Quantum Computing in Finance: Quantum Computing Fundamentals & Quantum Program Workshop
8) Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrencies: Distributed Ledger Technology, Cryptocurrencies, Smart Contracts, Applications to investments, Real Estate, Banking, and Insurance
9) Algorythmic Trading: Market Microstructure, Pairs Trading, High Frequency Trading

You can find more details about the program here: Master in Financial Engineering and Fintech: University Alcala - ONLINE.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back