• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master in Metals and Energy Finance

Hey,

I am particularly interested by the Metals and Oil & Gas finance..
After my researches on the internet, I have found just a few schools offering Master's in this field..
For instance the Imperial College of London offers a Master in Metals and Energy Finance but it focus only on the engineering aspect ( there is no computational or mathematical finance courses).

If someone has any idea about schools that offer such kind of master's (combining finance and energy) please let me know.. (preferably US schools)

Thank you all

Hi everybody,

I am an engineer graduated from Ecole Polytechnique, France.

I am interested by pursuing a Msc in Finance and particulary Energy finance.

In fact, after completing the Msc my goal is to find a placement as a quantitativ analyst within a hedge fund specialized in Mining and Energy (clive capital for instance) or the finance department of an oil & gas company (Exxonmobil or BP for instance).

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much
Sara

No reply for this thread..
I am interested by this field too..
Anyone has any suggestions?

Tulane has a masters degree in Energy finance. I am most definitely applying for this next fall. I goto Tulane now and it's an awesome school!

Thank you all of you..
SeanMeisler, University of Texas at Austin offers an MBA in energy finance, have you an idea about this program? T think Uni of Texas is ranked better than Tulane in general engineering!

Sara It's amazing, I am graduated from Ecole Centrale Paris

Tulane has some really good faculty in terms of trading. If energy trading is what you want to do, I can't imagine a better place. I know several of the faculty are former heads of trading at firms such as Shell. We also have a state of the art trading room and host energy trading competitions. I understand I might be a little biased, but anyone who wants to trade energy should really look into Tulane. And UT is probably ranked higher than Tulane in most departments. I think UT is a really underestimated school, and Austin is amazing. I don't know anything about their MBA program though.

Hi thank you all..

To be honest, I have never heard about Tulane University.. I have taken a look on their curriculum and I think it doesn't offer very computational and mathematical courses..
I think imperial college of london has a better reputation in Europe (than Tulane Uni).. (I don't know if it's well known in US also)..

SeanMeisler do you have any placement statistics related to this Msc?

Ecole Polytechnique is ranked first in France (with a very selectiv entrance, btw Ecole centrale paris too), Andy and Dali, do you think it is a good idea to pursue a Msc in a second class university after completing a degree in a high ranked school in france..

Hey,

I have made a little search on Tulane energy program..

I have found a discussion on another forum: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/tulane-university-masters-in-energy

The Freeman students seem disppointed with the university program and placement..

"As a current Tulane student, I have seen the over promise and under deliver from the Freeman school. I would wait this program out for a year or two and see if they can get anybody hired from this program. With the MSF, all we hear is positive comments from employers about how great the program is and how applicable everything we are learning is. But then they turn around and don't hire any graduate students."

" also attended Tulane's MSF program, and the employment stats were abysmal. It's a borderline scam, only a step down from the Strayers and ITT Techs of the world. I would avoid the Masters in Energy like the plague, in addition to the Masters in Risk Management and the million other finance degrees Tulane is creating to stuff LeBlanc's and DeNisi's pockets."

You highlighted that thread very selectively...there were several students on the thread talking positively about the program.

Back