• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

[Matlab] Latent/commen factor analysis of zero yield curve

For my Finance Master Thesis I am doing research in macroeconomic variables affecting the yield curve. In order to analyse the influence of these factors I follow the path of academics like Litterman & Scheinkman (1991), Ang & Piazzesi (2003), Stock and Watson (2002), Diebold, Rudebosch and Boraganaruoba (2006) and many others. This means that I start by identifying the common factors of the yield curve like Litterman and Scheinkman proposed. I have gathered zero yield data of The Netherlands from 1999 onwards. If I am correct, I need to model this data into a curve and thereafter determine the key change rate on every spot. Since I need to use matlab and have no idea how to do this I am wondering whether you could help. I have imported the zero yield data into matlab. It is a 3256 x 61 matrix of which the first column consists of numerical dates. So the yields are 3256 x 60. Once I have the key change rates on every spot I need to determine the covariance matrix and execute a PCA analysis if I am correct. But once again, I need help how to execute this in matlab. Hopefully you guys can help or point me to samples so I can learn...
Thanks already!!!

Back