• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Midtier MFE program selections

which one

• Total voters
I thought it’s good course to be honest. 100% employment consistently and much higher ROI. 4th on risk net too

Does anyone have any thoughts about NCSU?

I thought it’s good course to be honest. 100% employment consistently and much higher ROI. 4th on risk net too

Does anyone have any thoughts about NCSU?
I think theres a general conception that NYU plays 2nd fiddle to Columbia in NYC. There is a grain of truth in that, be it MFE or MBA. So NYU is often treated as less than top tier.

But that is certainly not true of its math department. NYU math > Columbia math for sure.

Yea agree. I think general school Columbia > NYU just because of the ivy brand. But courant math is top notch, just like Columbia MFE. What do u think of the MAFN?

Btw I was referring to NCSU as 4th on risk.net with near 100% employment over the past few years even in US. It looks like a good and target course

Yea agree. I think general school Columbia > NYU just because of the ivy brand. But courant math is top notch, just like Columbia MFE. What do u think of the MAFN?

Btw I was referring to NCSU as 4th on risk.net with near 100% employment over the past few years even in US. It looks like a good and target course
To be honest, I am not familiar with their program.

I ended up not applying due to wanting to pursue a more research focused degree, but I did speak with their director back in December. They're a very interesting program, they don't require too much math background (you see people with calc 2 or less get admission sometimes, they require some stats and that's about it). I'm not too sure how they can build up the rigour so quickly given there's people who don't have much math background. The director also mentioned that for students who do want to pursue a PhD, they're able to waive the career development and stuff to allow you to take PhD level courses instead. They also seem to have very good flexibility in electives.
Most of their graduates place into risk management quant roles, with most of them being hired inside North Carolina. There is some placement in trading and research, but I believe the director mentioned about 2/3 of students place into risk as their first role.

Back