Millburn Corporation

• Thread starter Thread starter fina
  • Start date Start date
Does anyone have any knowledge as to the quality of people and interesting things that the quant side(or technology) of the Millburn Corporation is doing?

Specifically they have a job posting: http://www.quantnet.com/quantitative-researcher-job-millburn-corporation/

Seems interesting, but is their pay competitive and is their reputation decent enough to provide good future employment opportunities elsewhere (unless its so great you dont want to leave)? How does it compare to other quant funds?

Odds are that opportunity has long since dried up. I tried applying to it a while back and they never called back. I met a guy at the R in finance conference in Chicago that has that position. It's a small shop from what I hear, no structured training. Don't know much about it, tried cold calling them, can't get their head of research to give me the time of day.

They also have other opportunities available, I just wanted any info on them:
how people grow there,
do many leave to join other funds(are they poached or try hard to find something) and
the backgrounds and quality of people they hire,
is their compensation competitive with the other major nyc funds?

As far as training i thought most funds, especially small ones like millburn, dont offer any structured training except for a mentor.

Back