• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Admission Discussion

It is very annoying that only a very small minority of all MFin applicants post on any one board. Law school applicants have it much better, they have top-law-schools.com, lawschoolnumbers etc. to get an idea about their chances and immediate future. E.g, first admit call of last year happened this day, but I have no idea whether they started calling people or not this year.

While I agree and wish people are more willing to share their data, it takes a lot of work to get them to do it. It's a different demographics with a different mindset. Maybe it's a more common things to do among Americans such as those make up the law school applicant pool?

My guess is that the biggest impact is the amount of people. There is a huge difference in the number of people trying to get into a Law school than into a financial engineering program.

During the online admissions chat the day before, I asked whether interviewed applicants should expect to hear anything before holidays (as last year's pattern suggests), they told me they do not plan to release any decisions before January 15th. This may indeed be the case, as they have two rounds instead of three; but its also possible they just wanted to avoid giving any extra information on that subject.

Dennis.... it is alright! I can understand the frustration. Just don't generalize the next time ;)

Anybody here get an interview call for Round 1?

I heard they call one day before the decision deadline...*fingers crossed*.. Do they call international candidates located outside of US too?

I thought they said decisions are communicated after 5pm through ApplyYourselfAccount tomorrow?

Yup heard that too, but I am pretty sure they call people who got in, so maybe they would start calling tmrw and all decisions are released at 5. Ahhhh

Back