model validation vs structuring sales

Hi all, it's a long while since I'm in this forum. Anyway, long time ago I was inspired by this forum (especially twofish-quant), and I went into valuation/model validation quant. A chance arise for me to move into structuring sales, and through some internal politics I even had to do other roles (business analyst) before moving into structuring sales! Any pointers from fellow forumers?

My background: masters in theoretical physics (not a big name), 5yr experience in MV/valuation quant.

Moving:
- FO is obviously better in pay.
- I'm not that great at sales. Like any quants I'm better at talking to computer than people.
- Have little knowledge when it comes to suggesting new structures (learnable, I guess).

Staying:
- Comfort zone.
- Career may be stagnant, translate to lower salary.

On the side, what happens to people that grew tired with model validation do?

Last edited:
2 cents, time to bail from Model Validation. Anywhere is better

Wow. That sounds grim. Any elaboration? I have slight reluctance to bail on it because well, I like the technical challenge (and I like showing it off).

Wow. That sounds grim. Any elaboration? I have slight reluctance to bail on it because well, I like the technical challenge (and I like showing it off).
You have been there for 5 years, correct? What does the future looks like?

If you like it that much, why do you want to switch?

regarding your last question in the OP, "what happens to people that grew tired with model validation?" They move on to something else. The answer is not rocket science. It's very black and white. If you like MV, you stay. If you don't, you move if you have the chance. That's it.

Back