• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MS program choices for pursuing a career in quant research, trader or analyst roles

I'm a final year undergrad international student planning to apply in the fall of '24 and seek admission for a Masters in one of the top programs in the United States. I see several options - MFE/MFM/MF/MQF offered by the Universities listed in the "2023 QuantNet Raking for Best Financial Engineering Programs". My goal is to eventually try to build a career in quant research, trader or analyst roles and not necessarily risk related or investment banking roles. Which programs would you suggest are amongst the best suited for someone like me? Also, would you suggest universities in Canada/Europe known for good placements in my chosen field? Thank you in advance!

These quant programs do not lead to IB roles where MBA/undergrad are better fit.
Any top program should give you a path to your desired roles. Some programs have better track record than others. They usually publish the placement, broken down by firms, types, etc so take a look at those stats.
Baruch has a pretty detailed stats and you should start there. Then do the same trip to find same info from other programs on the top list.

Back