• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Next enrolment date?

Hi all,

First post, I was wondering when the next enrolment date/ when the next online course is due to start?

Kind regards,

Julian

Hi Andy, thank you for quick response. I am currently working full time and on a part time (2yrs evening course) MSc in Quant Finance in London - (C++ module is very basic though hence my interest in this certificate). I was hoping to start this program (the 16weeks) after my second term/semester finishes - which should be around beginning of May (I don't have the exact date on hand) - with the aim of completing it end of August. If I could ask another question - we are provided with access to all material for Level 1 and Level 2, am I right to assume that once I have enrolled and begun the course I will have to do Level 1 and Level 2? More to the point of my true question, if i complete Level 1 and 2 before starting the course will I automatically be on Level 3? or is the free material provided for these 2 levels different from that being accessed on the paid course? Thanks

if i complete Level 1 and 2 before starting the course will I automatically be on Level 3? or is the free material provided for these 2 levels different from that being accessed on the paid course? Thanks
You have access to the same material as our students for level 1 and 2. Once enrolled, you can get full access to the rest of them. So ideally, you would complete HW 1 and 2 prior to enrollment so that you can work on L3 right away.
As for your enrollment date, you can either reserve a specific date or just wait until then to enroll. It's up to you. In any case, please make sure to pre-register so that we can contact you at time comes close.
http://mfe.baruch.cuny.edu/pre-register/

Hey Andy, two questions: does it take some deposit to reserve a spot?? How much would I learn if I complete the degree? My goal is to be able to program an algorithm on the Interactive Bokers API (for my own account) or using something like OpenQuant or TradingTechnologies (for work) to automate strategies.

You have access to the same material as our students for level 1 and 2. Once enrolled, you can get full access to the rest of them. So ideally, you would complete HW 1 and 2 prior to enrollment so that you can work on L3 right away.
As for your enrollment date, you can either reserve a specific date or just wait until then to enroll. It's up to you. In any case, please make sure to pre-register so that we can contact you at time comes close.
http://mfe.baruch.cuny.edu/pre-register/

Thank you Andy, I have registered and will aim for start in June - thank you for you help.

Hey Andy, two questions: does it take some deposit to reserve a spot??
Yes. You can cancel and get full refund if your plan changes.
How much would I learn if I complete the degree? My goal is to be able to program an algorithm on the Interactive Bokers API (for my own account) or using something like OpenQuant or TradingTechnologies (for work) to automate strategies.
It depends on your level of prior programming experience. The course is designed to take into account students with no C++ background. We can't teach everything for all level in a 16-week course, of course.
It will give you a very solid foundation which allows you to go on and enjoy advanced levels such as trading API, etc.
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/c-online-programming-cert-testimonials.9227/

Hey Andy, Do you know if we can finish earlier or we have to take the entire 16 weeks before we can get the certificate?
Hi Silivre,
The advantage of our online format is that you don't need to follow any schedule, but yourself. Many students have completed the certificate in 60 days or less.

Back