• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

No Work Experience (FT or Internship)

I will be doing the MS Finance Quant Program at WUSTL this fall. I have had no FT or Internship experience and am wondering whether or not I will be able to find an internship next summer. Any thoughts?

Get your resume, cover letter in top shape. Pay to get professional advice if necessary. If your resume does not pass the snip test, rest is irrelevant.
Put together a pitch of yourself and learn how to sell it. Networking with everyone you can.
Do mock interviews, practice your quant interview questions.
And apply, apply, apply.

Some programs will provide a lot of career services help but most students will have to work really hard to get an internship. People usually start preparing for the internship when they start the Fall semester.

I'm also in the same shoes. The only somewhat relevant experience I have is as an application developer for the FX trading desk at BB for one summer. How effective is online applications through company website, vs at career centers at university? I know that some program does a great job, and others very poorly. I happen to be going for MAFN at Columbia, which is known for poor career service ..

Back