• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE NYU MSMF v.s Cornell MFE v.s Columbia MAFN v.s Uchicago MSFM

How would you choose from all these 4 programs?

• NYU MSMF

• Columbia MAFN

• Cornell MFE

• Uchicago MSFM

• View votes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello everyone for 23Fall I applied all these 4 quant programs and recently I've already heard from NYU (admitted) and Cornell (waitlisted).

I know all of them are very prestigious programs in preparing competitive quant students for a long time, and I really wish to hear more updated information & opinions from people in comparing these programs.

By the way, I have to deposit for NYU by the end of March while Cornell informed me that the last decision for me would by 15th, April. Should I email Cornell with offer from NYU to ask for the decision ASAP? I'd really appreciate every comment you left here, thank you so much! :)

I think the right choice is obvious, but maybe I'm biased. I just want to say that if you have any questions about the Courant Math Finance program that will help you decide, please post here or message me.
My primary concern is the career service actually. I have talked to several of my seniors, one of them is in Cornell CFEM Class 2022, he suggested Cornell has a better career service than any other comparable program in NYC, but maybe he is biased considering he is from Cornell...

I think there is bias everywhere -- but my North Star for choosing a program has been reaching out to as many alumni as possible, asking the same questions to pick their brains, and then choosing which school aligns with your best interests and where you can see yourself. Sounds cliche, I know. All of these schools are great programs and it ultimately comes down to what role you think you are seeking after graduation and what school will help you the most in achieving that.

I think there is bias everywhere -- but my North Star for choosing a program has been reaching out to as many alumni as possible, asking the same questions to pick their brains, and then choosing which school aligns with your best interests and where you can see yourself. Sounds cliche, I know. All of these schools are great programs and it ultimately comes down to what role you think you are seeking after graduation and what school will help you the most in achieving that.
Definitely second that. Perhaps all potential MFE students should learn as much as possible about different available programs before their ultimate decision, especially from alumni.

Back