• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Prodigy Finance

Hi guys,

Does anyone know any other loan sources for international students (without US cosigner)? I applied to Prodigy Finance to pay for my MFE but they said they are not accepting applications from my market (UK). Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Does anyone know any other loan sources for international students (without US cosigner)? I applied to Prodigy Finance to pay for my MFE but they said they are not accepting applications from my market (UK). Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks
Which college/university did you apply?

I was looking at them too but the APR seems to be a bit higher (11-12%)
I'm afraid these are the only two options for international students. I've looked a lot, but didn't find any other options. There may be a loan from local organization, however.

Last edited:
Strange.....I had a initial screening for quote and i also spoke with the customer care. They are providing loans for MSc students going to Cass. And i am not british or even european.
Interesting. I completed the application then it said at the end they weren't accepting applications in my region at this time. Maybe I am too late or I should give them a call.

Interesting. I completed the application then it said at the end they weren't accepting applications in my region at this time. Maybe I am too late or I should give them a call.
Talk to the customer care directly. They respond in 48 hours. Its better to let a human know about the application.

Strange.....I had a initial screening for quote and i also spoke with the customer care. They are providing loans for MSc students going to Cass. And i am not british or even european.
I've read that donors are limiting the countries, where Prodigy provide loans. So, it's possible that currently there are not enough funds for UK/Europe/US. And interest rates are much higher in case if you are from emerging countries. So, it's a possible answer.
Still, it seems like they are under huge load, because my application is still in verification process for like 6-7 weeks.

I've read that donors are limiting the countries, where Prodigy provide loans. So, it's possible that currently there are not enough funds for UK/Europe/US. And interest rates are much higher in case if you are from emerging countries. So, it's a possible answer.
Still, it seems like they are under huge load, because my application is still in verification process for like 6-7 weeks.
I realized that few days ago....and thats going to put me in trouble. My IELTS results were delayed so i don't have a unconditional offer letter which means i can't complete my prodigy loan application, which means i can't apply for visa, which means i can't resign. The induction is on 20th September and my current firm notice period is 3 months......if i don't resign in June 1st week then i will miss induction....

I realized that few days ago....and thats going to put me in trouble. My IELTS results were delayed so i don't have a unconditional offer letter which means i can't complete my prodigy loan application, which means i can't apply for visa, which means i can't resign. The induction is on 20th September and my current firm notice period is 3 months......if i don't resign in June 1st week then i will miss induction....
Just curious why can't you resign? Visa is not tied to your job status!

Just curious why can't you resign? Visa is not tied to your job status!
What if my Visa is declined? I would have lost job at an IB(not front office but pays better than any industry)....In India lB industry is very small compared to eligible applicants. I know two associates who went abroad to find work and returned after a year....then they had to wait 8-10 months to find roles at their respective previous designations. I am an entry level analyst and don't have huge savings to survive so long without a job.

What if my Visa is declined? I would have lost job at an IB(not front office but pays better than any industry)....In India lB industry is very small compared to eligible applicants. I know two associates who went abroad to find work and returned after a year....then they had to wait 8-10 months to find roles at their respective previous designations. I am an entry level analyst and don't have huge savings to survive so long without a job.

There is also a chance that prodigy won't be able to give you a loan, if it's not already matched, so yeah there are substantial risks there.

For a moment I thought you implied that your visa success is tied to your job status. All good now

I learnt a new thing in middle of my document verification process. If i can't show savings proof for living expenses as estimated by Prodigy website then i will not be eligible for tuition loan.....now their estimated living expenses are highly over estimated. Even UKVI guideline don't want you to show that amount of bank balance for a student visa.

I learnt a new thing in middle of my document verification process. If i can't show savings proof for living expenses as estimated by Prodigy website then i will not be eligible for tuition loan.....now their estimated living expenses are highly over estimated. Even UKVI guideline don't want you to show that amount of bank balance for a student visa.
They take that information from university and their I-20s. Universities mainly overestimate the expenses to be on safe side.

Back