• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile evaluation - Fall 2025 MFE

Hi,
I'm planning to apply for the Fall 2025 MFE program. I'd love to get some reviews of my profile and any suggestions/advice that would improve my chances of admission.

Education: B.Tech (ECE) from Tier-1 college (NIT) in India
GPA: 3.66/4.0
Relevant Coursework:
Finance: Macroeconomics and Accounting
Math: Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, Mathematics-I (Diff. Calculus, Diff. Eq., Matrix Theory), Mathematics-II (Integral & Vector Calculus, Laplace transforms), Mathematics-III (Complex Variables and Spl. Functions)
CS: Programming in C++, Data Structures and Algorithms, Fuzzy & neural Networks
Other Math-heavy coursework: Signals and Systems, Digital Signal Processing.
(Grade A+ in most of these courses)

GRE: 165Q + 161V

Work Experience: 2.5 Yrs of Experience as a Firmware & Test Engineer in a Top Semiconductor Company.
Work mostly involves programming in C++ and Python.

1 Patent is under process. 1 paper published (internal to the company) - Both are ML-related.

Last edited:
Would be good to share your criteria on picking those programs (tuition, location, job prospect, etc?) so members can advice.
Since I do not have relevant experience, I think my profile is not strong enough for the top ones like CMU/Princeton/Columbia. So I did not go for a lot of ambitious colleges and I chose the ones with relatively lesser tuition.

Back