• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation for US MFE/MFin programs.

Hi all, I am currently a final year Computer Science and Engineering student in a top 10 university in India. I am planning to apply to MIT, Princeton, Columbia, NYU, and Chicago for their fall 2017 programmes. My profile is as follows.

GPA: 7.88/10.
Courses Completed: Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Multivariable Calc 1 and 2, Graph Theory, Data Mining and Warehousing, Database Management Systems. Currently doing a course on soft computing and neural networks.

GRE: 168V 167V, total 335. AWA 5.0.

I have three internships: the first is with a public policy professor at a global top 20 business school who was on a team that won the Nobel Prize, the second was with a policy-research thinktank, the third was with a data analytics startup founded by an MIT graduate.

I have done projects in machine learning and data mining using R, and I am trying to finish more projects to solidify my technical expertise. I also am proficient with SQL and C++.

I am also a successful parliamentary debater, with international achievements, and leadership positions in my Debate Society.

However, I have no direct experience in the field of finance. I would like to know what my chances would be like in MFE/MFin Programs mentioned above, as well as advice on how to go about securing internships in the field of Quantitative finance, considering my university is not a target school.

Back