• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quantitative Analyst Role

A rapidly expanding and award-winning, Fintech is looking for a Quant Analyst to join their London based Strat team. The business leverages a sophisticated technology stack to offer a market leading solution currently used by all global top tier investment banks.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the review and improvement of current risk and pricing models, must have a test-driven approach and be excited by the opportunity to understand and solve complex quantitative problems.

In addition, a background in Fixed Income analytics solving non-linear/linear programming problems (curve fitting, curve calibration etc.) and experience in creating and validating pricing and or risk models is essential.

Key Skills

• Quantitative background (pricing, risk, derivatives, financial maths etc.)
  • Excellence in applied programming (Python, C++, Java or similar)
  • Excellent academic record in a relevant quantitative field (physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science)

If you are interested please send me a message and I would be happy to discuss in more detail :)

A rapidly expanding and award-winning, Fintech is looking for a Quant Analyst to join their London based Strat team. The business leverages a sophisticated technology stack to offer a market leading solution currently used by all global top tier investment banks.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the review and improvement of current risk and pricing models, must have a test-driven approach and be excited by the opportunity to understand and solve complex quantitative problems.

In addition, a background in Fixed Income analytics solving non-linear/linear programming problems (curve fitting, curve calibration etc.) and experience in creating and validating pricing and or risk models is essential.

Key Skills

• Quantitative background (pricing, risk, derivatives, financial maths etc.)
  • Excellence in applied programming (Python, C++, Java or similar)
  • Excellent academic record in a relevant quantitative field (physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science)

If you are interested please send me a message and I would be happy to discuss in more detail :)
I'm interested in this position!

Dear Jaina,

I'm interested in the role that you posted.
I have recently posted a thread briefly mentioning my background, you can check it here:

I would be happy to further discuss with you about the prospect.

Best,
Nam.

Dear Jaina,

I'm interested in the role that you posted.
I have recently posted a thread briefly mentioning my background, you can check it here:

I would be happy to further discuss with you about the prospect.

Best,
Nam.
It seems from your other post that you haven’t really explored what your opportunities are / what you’d ideally want. If you eventually want to be a desk quant / strat / quant trader then a role like this is not ideal, even as a start. Reading a bit between the lines and purely guessing this is a role with a company like Murex or its competitors. Their business is selling software and the quality of the models you work on only very indirectly translates into sales. Your impact is much lower than in a front office role at a bank or a trading firm. It is also very detached from markets and your mobility to other roles is limited.

It seems from your other post that you haven’t really explored what your opportunities are / what you’d ideally want. If you eventually want to be a desk quant / strat / quant trader then a role like this is not ideal, even as a start. Reading a bit between the lines and purely guessing this is a role with a company like Murex or its competitors. Their business is selling software and the quality of the models you work on only very indirectly translates into sales. Your impact is much lower than in a front office role at a bank or a trading firm. It is also very detached from markets and your mobility to other roles is limited.

Thank you for the reply and the warning.
Since you have read my post already? Do you suggest I apply immediately after my PhD even if I don't have any exposure to finance. I think being a quant researcher is my career goal.

Thank you for the reply and the warning.
Since you have read my post already? Do you suggest I apply immediately after my PhD even if I don't have any exposure to finance. I think being a quant researcher is my career goal.
I’d suggest you a bit of research on the different types of quant roles and companies. Working at a company like advertised here can also be a good fit for you. The reason I wrote this “warning” is because I didn’t have the impression you knew what different roles exist and what you want for yourself. “quant researcher” is a umbrella term used throughout the industry. Your first role does restrict your future choice set, which is why being conscious about it is important.

Back