• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Query regarding SOA certification

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone out here knows about the Associate charter given by the SOA. I have seen a couple of threads out here saying that the life of an actuary is boring and all.But what I want to know is that does holding any of these charters help us in the future .My interest is to pursue education in Financial Mathematics or Insurance Mathematics(which I havent yet decided) ...So thinking on those lines ..is holding a charter helpful.How reputed are the charters given out by the SOA.Till recent times I thought that these charters are very useful but in one of the recent post I saw Mr.Andy replying to a similar query that the FRM charter( as far as I could remember) is not that useful.So could you please throw some light on the different charters available and their use.(Could you also please tell me something regarding the CFA charter...I know its the Chartered Financial Analyst but I heard from one of my university alumnus that it has not been that helpful to him ..Is it really true? IS it the same with the certificates offered by the SOA?)

Thanks
Shank

Back