Regarding further studies in Mathematical Finance

Hello,
I am a fourth year(prefinal) undergraduate student studying in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur,India.I am majoring in Mathematics and Computing.I will complete my Masters next year and I am really interested in Data Analysis and Mathematical Finance.I am thinking of pursuing my interests by doing PhD or Masters in Financial Engineering.

But, I am not sure if I can get into a good PhD program since I don't have very good GPA(8.0/10.0).Also I have bad grades in in 2-3 important courses like Linear Algebra. I have done research internships in the field of Cryptography and Statistical Software Development. I have no publications.Also I would be an intern at IIM Calcutta in the field of Data Analytics(at Finance and Trading Lab IIM Calcutta,India).

I really don't have any idea what are my chances of getting into a PhD program.If anyone can help me by suggesting what are my chances of getting into a good PhD programs and Which programs I should apply.I am hoping to work in corporate world after my PhD.

Thanking you for your help in advance.I am attaching my resume for getting to know more about me.

Jayadeep

Back