• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers MSMF Rutgers MSMF

Hello, I have been admitted to the Rutgers MSMF for Fall 2023. I am a domestic student who studied mathematics in undergrad and am wondering if this program will give me good opportunities to work a quant analyst job at one of the bulge bracket banks. Employment statistics look fairly good, but it is harder to find information on more recent students since fewer have LinkedIn profiles due to just starting their professional careers in the US. Any advice is appreciated

Rutgers has 3 programs: MQF, MSMF, FSRM. I notice the MSMF program's enrollment has been steadily decreasing. Before Covid, it has close to 50 students every year and now it has 9 FT students. That may explain why you can't find many of them.
To get a quant job at a WS BB bank is no easy task. You are competing against hundreds of applicants from top quant programs who benefit from the career resources and large alumni network.
Ask yourself whether you are in a position and have any resource or help to get the best shot at that job?

Yeah, I imagine that is due to the harsh covid restrictions in China over the past couple years. Rutgers definitely has a large alumni network I can tap into and is very strong in math. I think I would have a decent shot at getting a solid role. I'm not picky about getting the perfect job right out of graduation, I'm fine working at a lower-tier bank and moving my way up after a year or so

I have also applied to Stony Brook, Rutgers MQF, Fordham, and Claremont. Still waiting on all of them. Was just wondering how my chances of being any form of quant looked like with just the MSMF. I know it's no entry into hedge funds but I figured it was still decent for placing students in analyst roles at banks, especially since domestic students have it a bit easier.

Back